Sunday 2 February 2014

Thank you for the music...





Anyone who knows me well enough will know that I'm a massive fan of music:-) I love music in the charts, all the new songs and popular ones. But I also love unsigned artists and bands, and there's so many of them who really deserve to get recognized! 



I know, I know I've already written about Brandon and Leah before, but if anyone's got the time, please listen to their music- they're my favourites! I started watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians, about a year ago and when I heard their music for the first time, I had to hear more. So I You Tubed them, and found out they had an EP, which I listened to and instantly loved! Since then, I've learnt their songs, been tweeted by Leah and bought the EP on my phone, which is the most repeated thing on there. Leah's voice is absolutely beautiful and when her and Brandon sing together it can send shivers down my spine! Their music is so easy to listen to and I've even converted my family into liking them, which is a massive achievement, as they usually don't like the music in the charts! My favourite is 'Life Happens' because it's such a feelgood song and always can cheer me up on a dark morning at the bus stop! My only hope is that they come to the UK soon, because I'd love to go to a live concert and would queue for hours to get to the front.... Bit sad I know:-/



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pl9Jkq060s



Another favourite of mine is Lewis Watson, he's got such a nice voice and he's not bad looking either;-) The link is to his song Bones, which was the first one I listened to after seeing it on a friends Facebook page (thanks Beth!) and now I've listened to nearly all of them! Bones is definitely my favourite because it's so original and relaxing; just Lewis and his guitar. 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVbdjec0pA



I know Gabrielle Aplin shouldn't really count as an unsigned artist, but there were some of us who listened to her way before her big 'rise to fame' in the John Lewis advert. This song was one of her first songs on YouTube and before she had her own official VEVO, there was a different video for this song. I've got to say I did prefer the old one, but I can't find it anywhere now:-( Her vocals are stunning and she's only 21, and has had a number one with her version of the song Power Of Love!Her new album English Rain has been a huge success getting to number 2 in the UK Album Charts! 



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodUCtmCRME



Last but not least, Lauren Aquilina- she's gorgeous and has the voice to match! I need to listen to more of her songs because I only know a couple so far, but I think her songwriting is amazing and I just love her tone and style! The music video is simple, but beautiful and this song gets stuck in my head for days! I first heard of her when she featured in Frank Hamilton's song Flaws and Ceilings and I loved her voice straight away. I'm pretty sure that soon she'll be a massive success:-)







Back to biology coursework it is then, but this music is helping me survive it! I actually hope some of you listen to a couple of these songs because they're completely different to the music in the charts- and I actually think sometimes they're better! 



Have a nice weekend everyone and I promise I'll write a bit more often now:-)

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment